Qwest Metro Optical Ethernet provides secure, cost-efficient, and scalable bandwidth by combining the power of optical technologies and Ethernet across Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs). Qwest Metro Optical Ethernet is well suited to video and voice applications, as well as data applications that involve Internet access, access to hosting, data transfers, outsourced application service, file, and mail server service, and off-site data storage.
How It Works
Qwest Metropolitan Optical Ethernet provides local area network LAN-to-LAN connectivity among multiple locations within a metropolitan area. Based on shared transport data bandwidth and distributed Layer 2 switching, QMOE service is currently offered in 14 states and can be provided via copper or fiber – depending on availability.
- Fast service installation times and easy, hassle-free upgrades
- Scalable bandwidth selections (from 5Mb to 1Gb) offer the flexibility to pay for what you need
- Dependable service – SLAs have a standard 99.9% uptime and can increase to 99.999% with optional Protect Route and Quality of Service (QoS)
- Increased productivity by creating virtual work groups with individuals and businesses you communicate with regularly
- Cost-efficient service – QMOE reduces the cost of WAN equipment and eliminates the need for specialized WAN support expertise
- Point-to-point and multipoint service configurations
- GeoMax, SHNS, SST, and colocation connectivity with central office
- Your traffic is not limited to dedicated SONET bandwidth increments
- Multiple EVCs (Ethernet virtual connections) permit one port to support multiple EVCs
- Optional QoS for an SLA goal of 99.999% availability and multiple ways to prioritized traffic